Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tangled themed room for girls



So, i have been searching high and low for ideas on a Tangled themed bedroom for my little girl. I could not find anything, so i decided to make my own ideas! I hope you like them and get inspired to do your little ones room too!
I started by painting a 2-toned mural to one wall. On one side, i put the kingdom and on the other, i put the tower. After it dried, i added small lanterns and flowing hair! I used Disney Behr Paint colors One Enchanted Evening and Posies for Pooh. i did not actually spend the money on the Behr paint because we are only renting, so i took the paint chips to walmart and had them match it! i painting the wall for around $50.

I took some used cardboard boxes and turned it into a small castle/house for her! i used leftover paint from another project and i used my cricut to make the window cutouts! this cost me $0.


I sewed a big pillow using 2 new pillows and some fiberfill to even out the poof. the fabric is Marimekko and i purchased it from Crate and Barrel outlet for $4.95 a yard. this cost me around $20. 


I used simple construction paper to create the lanterns and i tacked them to the wall to make it look like they were floating. i also used construction paper and ribbon for the banner as well.

I had some purple sheer curtains lying around so i draped them to make them look magical!
Abby got a cute tangled book for valentines day but she quickly tore the pages out of the book. i did not want to throw them out so i decided to put one on a black-painted canvas. it turned out so cute!



this is my favorite part of the room! i had some frames lying around with a dingy looking matte inside of them. i painted the matte the same shade as her mural and inserted more of the pages from the torn book. they came out so beautiful. im so proud of them! and Abby loves them too!

I took an Ikea table that i had sitting around and thought it was the perfect size for a little table for her. i mod podged pretty polka dot paper onto it and voi-la!

i took a boring plastic drawer system and mod podged pretty paper to the inside of the drawers! i love how they came out!


 Now she has the CUTEST room i have ever seen!





1 comment:

  1. very creative and came out amazing...you go girl love the blog keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets